Saturday, January 8, 2011

Studio Space in Brooklyn




Hooray! I've landed a studio! It's at Fountain Studios, where my husband has his printing studio....and it is a 2 minute walk from our home. The rent is very affordable however I cannot do any welding, here.


I have 150 sq ft, a window, and a heater. It came with table and shelf.......there is a wood shop in the basement, and the people there are awesome!

So far I am drawing - investigating what it is about the bulb shape I have been attracted to for so long. In college I made piles, which are bulb-shaped, and then with lighting, the A lamp is a perfect pear/teardrop/bulb shape, as well. So I am exploring - drawing - casting things in resin - making canvases - wrapping things with paper strips - and making a few valentines, as well (my favorite holiday, only because I love pink and red together so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment